Skip to main content
Today's Hours:
| All Hours

Our Lady of the Lake University Archives

Student Publications

Student Publications

Samples of Student publication

-Steeplechase (1986-1990)

-The Legend (1976-1978)

-The Tatler (1936-1942)

Periodicals in University Archives

University and student publications are a rich resource for information and context to support your research into Our Lady of the Lake history. Below are some of the publications held in University Archives. Please contact Leonora D. Laney, x6738, to schedule an appointment.

 

  • Encounter, The (1976-1979)
  • Hispanic Serving Institutions E News (2006-2009)
  • Happenings (1970-1973)
  • Lake Alumni (1977-1994)
  • Lake Currents (1979-present)
  • Lake Front (1991-present)
  • Lake Links (1985-1987)
  • Lake Views (1980-1992)
  • Lakeside Times, The (1978-1979)
  • Legend, The (1976-1978)
  • OLL Report (1972-1974)
  • OLL Quarterly (1966F-1967W)
  • Palms, The (1927-1956)
  • Phoenix, The (1939-1982)
  • SAM (Student Association Messenger) (1980-1981)
  • Thing Itself, The (1965-present)
  • What’s Going on at OLLC (1954-1955)
  • Yearbook (1914-1932; 1990-1991)

 

*some issues may be missing.

Subject Guide

Publications

The Academy Review/The Review  (1906-1914)

            Published quarterly by the students of OLL (High School); the Academy Review  gave students an opportunity for creative (poetry, essays, and short stories) expression and sharing of student research development.

The Academy Review of OLL

1909 cover of The Academy Review of Our Lady of the Lake and 1912 The Review of Our Lady of the Lake

 

1906 *Our Lady of the Palms

Our Lady of the Lake

 

        

 

Located in front of the OLLU Main Building, Our Lady of the Lake statue stands on a 12 foot pedestal. The blessing ceremony took place on Sunday, October 7, 1906, at 4pm. The statue was blessed by Rev. J. H. Quinn, OMI, assisted by Rev. Y. Gourmelin, OMI.

The statue was rededicated April 9, 1988. Sr. Elizabeth Anne Sueltenfuss was OLLU president at the time.

                                                  San Antonio Daily Light; Friday, Oct 12, 1906; p. 10.

------------------------

* In the Margil (student yearbook) the statue is called Our Lady of the Palms.